Monday, November 28, 2011

acao de gracas (thanksgiving)

This year I have EVERYTHING to be thankful for!

Just to name a few, God has blessed me with:



awesome times of ministry with Warrenton Wesleyan Church;





amazing opportunities & generous hearts in raising support,
and a safe return to Africa to rock out a calling I received in 2003;





special moments with family and friends prior to my departure,
and increased dependence on Him through loneliness and transition;






greater independence through basic (very basic) culinary skills,
and great overall health during the past six months in Africa;






weekend getaways with incredible people to incredible places;






remarkable upsets at the African Games,
and more faith through miraculously approved visa applications;





new family and friends on the field,
and the ability to communicate in Portuguese;





two weeks with my father in Mozambique;





a brotherhood in the form of a basketball team,
and official permission to begin constructing CAM basketball court;






positions of influence in the lives of over seventy young people,
and six more months to live and learn along with them.



God is SO good! I'm overwhelmed by the ways He has chosen to bless me this year. It's like I'm sitting back and watching a dream play out in real life. It's incredible!

Sure, it's not always easy living in Mozambique, but it's ALWAYS rewarding living where God leads. If you feel God calling you to go somewhere, to do something, or to join an area of ministry,
don't hesitate.

God doesn't call everyone to go overseas,
but HE DOES CALL EVERYONE.


"...I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
Be completely humble and gentle;
be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit
through the bond of peace."

Ephesians 4:1-3


If He calls you to it, He'll lead you through it.


Happy Thanksgiving, Friend!

1 comment:

  1. Friend, I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping up with your updates. I haven't had a good connection to the internet in a long time, but that's changing now, so I'm anxious to catch up and keep up with what's happening there. It's well past Thanksgiving now, but I am glad for the reminder to still be thoughtful of my blessings. :) Still praying for you and excited to see how your ministry continues to grow and develop there!! (PS: Love the picture of my beach in Xai Xai!!!)

    <3 Love and prayers, Jewel

    ReplyDelete