Sunday, June 26, 2011

Profile of the Week


BINO ZUKULA

Age: 26
Family: Esposa, Inerto (son 5 yr.) & Iurka (daughter 2 months)
Hometown: Bedene, Mozambique
Occupation: Construction (concrete)
Hobbies: Soccer
Life Verse: John 8:32
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."


The morning after arriving in Mozambique, I journeyed outside my house and began mingling with the nationals. Due to the incredible amount of building projects that are currently underway on the mission compound, it was easy to find people. The first young man I met was a construction worker who specialized in concrete. His name was Bino. We really hit it off well. Since that first day I have become rather close to a handful of the workers, but there is something unique about my friendship with Bino.

I have gone to his house and met his family twice now. We have worked side by side for over a week. We have shared meals, played soccer, discussed countless topics from politics and relationships to witchdoctors and church traditions. We've even had the chance to sit down and study the Bible together! This man has become more than a coworker, more than a language instructor, more than a mentor, and more than a friend. My first entry for profile of the week is the older brother I didn't know I had, Irmao Bino Zukula.

2 comments:

  1. Mano Bino! :) I'm so glad, Phill, that you've made friends with Bino! I would love to meet him. He sounds like a fantastic guy. Thank you, Jesus, for strengthening this friendship that Phillip is building with Bino. May they mutually encourage and spur one another on to pursue you and live for you with all the energy and passion you've placed within them.

    Love you, Phill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like an awesome guy! Keep posting! :)

    Ciao,<3 Joia

    ReplyDelete